photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Friday, March 5, 2010

So Long Insecurity? I sure hope so!!

I wanted to expand a little bit about the book I mentioned in my last post. "So Long Insecurity" by Beth Moore. AMAZING. Who knew that I would have fun reading about the things that make me feel horrible sometimes? I think it is because I can recognize them and then I hope to demolish the crap out of them! I am a strong believer that every girl should read this book. Everyone has insecurities, even guys, but especially girls. If you are reading this post and thinking "Ya right, I don't struggle that bad." Try going out in public without makeup, lock up your hair straightener for a week, or how about this...don't use a mirror when you get ready in the morning. If you can accomplish these things without an ounce of hesitation then I might believe you.

I am hoping to beat my insecurities to a pulp by the time I finish the book. Wishful thinking. I know it will take a little bit longer for God to restore my heart completely but I am starting to see some of the cracks being filled by His love and it is a stinkin' good feeling! I am ready to start seeing myself like God sees me, instead of viewing myself through the eyes of that super cute Starbucks customer that comes in (Yes, I admitted it). I bet you people think I have this horrible self esteem, well I don't, but I used to. I like to think I was an ugly duckling that turned into a pretty duck...but not yet a swan, I missed that boat, haha, but I am okay with that. I don't really struggle with outward appearance insecurities, just a few, it is mainly emotional attachments and relationships with other people that kinda give me a hard time. But through the readings of this book I am really starting to transform my thoughts and emotions so that they are fully dependant on God and not on man. These concepts sound so simple, don't they? Well yes, but when it comes to actually living them out I have a tendency to forget just how easy it is to rely on God 100%.

You might say "Dang Traci, don't you think you should keep some of this stuff to yourself?" Well, yes and no. To an extent I will keep a lot of the emotional, dirty baggage to myself because there comes a point when it just starts sounding like a pity party. But why not share with you the things that EVERY girl struggles with? We are not immune to heart ache, break ups, failed friendships, and embarrassing situations that can leave nasty little scars on our hearts. Why not embrace those insecurities? Bring them to light, share them with friends and most importantly share them with God, because only then will the true healing begin.

So here you go ladies, something to find peace in when your hair just doesn't look right or those jeans are fitting a little bit tighter than you remembered, or when you just found your first gray hair or wrinkle:

"Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you. I will carry you and save you." Isaiah 46:6

1 comment:

: ) said...

I just ordered it! Yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...