photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

His Mercies Are New Every Morning.

When I meet up with friends, this tends to be the first thing we ask each other:
"What's new with you?" -Friend
"Oh...well....nothing....just working." -Traci

I hate my response. Why can't I think of things in my life that are "new"? Why do I only consider major life changing events the "new" things in my life? What about the things God blesses me with daily? Why do I just say "I just work a lot, I really should find other things to do with my time." Why the insecurity about making His promises known?

Why? Why? Why?

After a coffee date this past Sunday, I decided that I wanted to remember the good things, even if they are small, to share with others. I wanted to be able to share with my friends the blessings that God has bestowed upon me each week. The only problem? I can't remember them. I think I am so blinded by the big picture that I end up taking all the little things for granted or write them off as "Not as important". So I challenged myself to begin a journal. I am not a journal-er (is that a word?). I am obviously a blogger. The fact that I write incredibly awkward with my left hand makes it painful to write for long periods of time, this is why I have never kept a journal. I have always wanted a journal, one that gets crinkly pages and worn out as time goes on. I've always wanted that....but I've had to settle for typing because it is ten times faster to get my thoughts out. If I was to journal this entry right now, I'd probably still be on the first paragraph....with a cramped hand. So I've made it a point to use the journal that I've kept in my purse for the past year, as a scratch pad to jot down blessings when they happen. I want to remember these things. I want to know that even though I am not a millionaire, saving children in Haiti or preparing my acceptance speech for the Oscars, God is doing big things and I won't appreciate it until I take the time to dwell on them, pray over them and praise Him for His goodness.

So, what are my blessings so far this week? Well...
1. My Grandpa's PET scans for his cancer keep coming back better and better. No new spots, the old ones are fading, and some are even disappearing!
2. In the past week I have been learning how to tackle my insecurities and yesterday I was able to face one head on through patience and prayer.
3. I got new shoes, and they don't make my feet ache at work and that is just lovely!
4. The weather is amazing, sunny and 79 degrees. God definitely blessed Austin today.
5. After an exhausting 64 hour work week, Jesus is providing me with strength...and lots of it!

His mercies are new every morning.

I read that in a blog the other day, and the more I see His blessings, the more that truth sets me free.

1 comment:

: ) said...

That's great news about your grandpa's PET scans! I'll keep him in my prayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...