photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Love Thy Neighbor...

I hate my neighbors. I realize that hate is a strong word but the feelings of dislike that I have for them are so strong that I feel like that is the only appropriate word to use. They are loud, noisy and I swear they turn into a pack of elephants upon entering their apartment. I want to yell at them, possibly scream but more than anything I want to trade apartments with them for just one day and have a Miley Cyrus dance party just to spite them. I want them to go away.

They make me feel like the meanest person ever and the funny thing is, they don't even know it. At 1AM, I will yell at them to shut up...who knows if they can actually hear me but there is something therapeutic about yelling at the top of your lungs out of anger, I am usually able to sleep like a baby afterwards. One night they kept me up for an hour and a half, and the next day at work all I could think of was how I was going to plot my revenge. Fortunately for them that revenge came in a form of a letter, one that would put the fear of God in them...but I chickened out. I was scared that when they opened their door they would find me placing this "anonymous" letter on their door clip that holds our important memos from the office. I could see it now, I would probably look a lot like a raccoon that was just caught in the middle of the night snooping through trash. If they did catch me, I probably wouldn't have said anything, I would have just ran back in my apartment, hoping that they are totally oblivious to life and don't know that I live right below them. Yeah right.

The silly thing is, besides the whole "Love your neighbor as yourself" rule, I feel kinda bad for disliking them so much and I don't know why. The Spirit is convicting me I tell ya, it is making me deal with this built up anger and I just don't feel like confronting it at the moment. I am pretty outspoken when someone hurts my family, and I am able to stick up for myself but I guess it is the fear of awkwardness that makes this task of telling them they are so loud a little hard. The ironic thing is, a couple months ago I was outside walking my dog and the guy from upstairs told me that he could hear us when we do laundry. Ummm....excuse me?? My tongue never hurt so bad from biting it. He then complained that the guy who lived next door to him was obnoxiously loud, I wanted to reply by saying "trying living under you." but I decided that might not have been the best response. I had the perfect window of opportunity to tell him that they made me feel like I lived in the Sahara desert during mating season...but I didn't. Maybe one day...until then, anyone know of a good place to buy ear plugs?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...