photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lake Travis Weekend!

This weekend I went out on Lake Travis with my small group from church, boy do I enjoy hanging out with them! We planned a trip out to a lake house for fun but who would have thought it would be a trip to overcome so many fears! Let me explain one of them...
I am not a big fan of water activities, it's not because I don't know how to swim it's because I have been traumatized! When I was about 5 or 6 years old I wasn't the Olympic swimmer of the kiddie pool, I was still hanging on to the sides but one day I decided to take a big tube out to the middle of the 7ft end. Needless to say I slipped through the inner tube and almost drowned. My dad had to jump in and save me...thankfully my sister noticed I was gone because no one else did! Even though he saved my life the first time, I blame my dad for this second traumatic experience. When I was about 7 or 8 (like how he gave me only a year to get over my almost drowning incident.) I went to Schlitterbahn with my dad, sister and other family members, I didn't want to ride any of the rides because I was a big wuss but I had to go on every single one because no one would stay and watch me. (Thanks for the love family!) Needless to say I was terrified and probably wet my suit, who knows since I was covered in water the whole time. I don't like anything to do with fast movements in water...plain and simple. So what did I do this weekend, I went out on the lake and conquered some fears! I like the lake though, it is like the Cadillac of water activities, second to the ocean of course. I think the lake is way classier than Schlitterbahn. Schlitterbahn makes me think of diseases, used band-aids and urinary tract infections, lovely I know...but it does. I am not a fan of a bunch of wet people walking around, eating, and carrying on with life as if being soggy and your skin pruning is no big deal. Bleh.

I am thankful that God has given me this group because instead of pointing and laughing at me, they really helped me get over the whole water activity thing. Allison, being the kind person that she is, was very patient in teaching me how to drive a jet ski. I may have started out going 10 mph but by the end of the end I was going 40, jumping waves and making fast turns. She is my guardian water angel.

Another fear of mine: heights. It scares me so much I don't even like to see people leaning over the side of railings, I freak out and close my eyes. God blessed me with the courage of a chihuahua, it's just something I have learned to accept. But this weekend I had no choice but to conquer that fear if I wanted to get down to the boat dock. Our friends house sat on top of a very tall hill and the only way down to the lake was by a steep tram and walking down steep steps. I will attach pictures so you will grasp the whole experience and see just how scary it was. I must admit, I did crawl back up the steps so I am still working on it...baby steps.

Photots for your viewing pleasure:




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...