photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Friday, July 31, 2009

25 things I've learned/experienced by the age of 25.

On Wednesday I turned 25 and it got me thinking...what have I learned/experienced in the past year leading up to my 25th birthday? Well I made a list (in no specific order):

1. God has shown me the true meaning of a "church family". I have been apart of a church all my life but it hasn't been until I joined a small group at Austin Stone that I now know what it is like to live in Christ with one another. I can count on these girls for prayer or meeting up for coffee just to talk and get weekly encouragement. How awesome! My church family does not only include my small group but God has given me a ton of different friends that attend the same church as I do. It is awesome to live a life surrounded by people who serve the same God!


2. I have learned that no matter how much my heart aches, God's grace is that much better!

3. I have also learned that God gives you friends in the most unlikely places. He turned "enemies" and strangers into some pretty significant people in my life.

4. I learned how to make Indian food with my small group:


5. I have learned that my "little" brother is not so little anymore. I now use him as a form of protection....and that is weird!


6. I think that my dog's intestines are made of steel. Seriously, I have learned that he can eat anything and not die. Examples: A platter of chocolate cup cakes, a 2 week old piece of chicken, 2 of his collars and numerous chew toys.


7. You are never too old to get slapped around a bit by your mom when you sass her.

8. I have learned that even though you aren't texting or putting on make up you can still get into a very serious car accident that totals your car!!!

(Doesn't look bad from this angle, but the other side was demolished after my SUV flipped on its side and slid on the pavement for several yards before landing on top of a stop sign! I am still a tad bit bitter.)

9. I now know that even when you are taken out of your comfort zone and feel alone...God is ALWAYS there!

10. God takes away a job or a someone you care about so that you grow closer to Him in your suffering.

11. The Tech vs. UT football game is by far one of the BEST sporting events I have ever attended!!!!



(Such a great day it deserves 3 pictures!)

12. I have learned that when you experience something that completely wrecks your mind it can only be a God thing!!! That is such an awesome feeling, to experience something you can't explain in your own words!

13. I now know that if you take long enough to exit the highway while getting pulled over by DPS they might just get annoyed with you and drive off. I was just trying to find a safe place for him to get out of his car instead of on the side of I-35...geez!!

14. I have experienced the joys of iChatting and it is now one of my addictions.



15. I experienced my first wedding that wasn't for a relative but my very own friend. My first friend to get married followed by many others!


16. I have learned that when you take on my family, if you mess with the bull you get the horns. I learned that lesson courtesy of private school moms. Just sayin...

17. I have experienced my very first road trip with friends! Weird huh? It took almost 25 years for me to take a trip with only friends, no family. Haha.


18. I learned that I don't need to be on the other side of the world to do Christ's work. I am where I am because He is using me, and it is awesome to see that!!

19. I have heard God calling me by name, assuring me that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Phil. 1:6). AMAZING.

20. I learned how to assemble a book case...and it only took me 3 hours using nothing but a Swiss Army knife. Yikes.

21. I now know better than to spend 4 years living in an apartment on the 3rd floor...because it takes 5 looooong days to clean it out!!!

22. I have FINALLY experienced kayaking on Town lake. What an awesome thing to do!

23. I discovered the addiction that is BRAVO TV! Who knew so many good shows existed?!?!?!

24. I have finally watched a full season of The Office!

25. I know that my God is mighty to save.

The end.

1 comment:

svrbrownsuga said...

Amazing!I hope when I turn 25 next year I will have wonderful things to have experienced! Nice post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...