photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am captivated by You.

"When I wake unto the morning it gives me your sight. When I look across the ocean it echoes Your might. The sand on the shore and the waves in the sea, the air in my lungs and the way You made me that's what draws me to You." -Shawn McDonald

Spring is my favorite time of the year due to many reasons. The weather is perfect, for about two months, and everything looks so amazing. From track meets to baseball games, spring makes outdoor sports that much more enjoyable. This particular spring has captivated me in many different ways. I think after some time of struggling to know God intimately, He has revealed Himself to me through the beauty of His creation. I catch myself always wanting to be outside or driving around aimlessly with the windows down. I have to come to fall in love with nature because I see it with a new purpose in mind; God's canvas.

I have always known God. I consider it a blessing that I have grown up believing in God but as I am getting more mature in my faith I am learning what it is to believe Him: taking His words and promises and applying them daily. I have always know about His existence but now I believe Him when He says He will always care for us (1 Peter 5:7). When you see His promise come to life it is a blessing that over shadows the pain of the struggle in which He reveals Himself through. The spring time weather is how I see the glory of God come to life. Fields of flowers and blue skies are the signs of a beautiful Creator.

Maybe the need for this blog stems from the fact that I have secluded myself in my room today forcing myself to finish my paper. After sifting through biblical commentaries and theology articles on predestination it is hard to not get caught up in the politics of God and limit Him to a book. God is more than words that we read, He is showing Himself daily through sunrises, flowers, clouds and smiles on people's faces. The beauty of spring time creation shows me that I serve a beautiful God.

(Written Saturday, April 12, 2008)

1 comment:

Lori Forsyth said...

Beautiful post! We truly serve an awesome God! In case you wonder who I am, my name is Lori and I work with Brandi at Dell! She is a joy to work with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...