photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Friday, April 12, 2013

That one time when my mom thought David Wallace was my pimp...



I am not really sure what the rules are for talking about pimps when you are writing a faith-based blog. But I figure since I am not actually employed by a pimp it would be okay to talk about it.

For those of you who don't know, Andy Buckley from The Office (the guy who plays David Wallace) has been a customer at my Starbucks for about a year and a half now. He is a really nice guy and we've become friends over time but I never let him in on the secret that I know who he is. I figured that he wants to be treated like everyone else and be kept on the DL.

We usually talk about his vacations, trips and family life back in LA and he would ask me questions about my family, you know, BFF stuff.

So one day Andy came in and I took his order and then my mom got in line behind him.
And this is when the best story of my life began...

"Hello Mother" I say as my mom walks up in line

Andy looks at her

"That's my mom!" I say to Andy

Andy and my mom introduce themselves to each other and she still has no idea who he is.

When it's Andy's turn to pay for his coffee he tells the manager at the register "I'll also pay for whatever this lady is having."

My mom being the polite lady she is turns down his offer due to the fact that her drink is very expensive (which may or may not have to do with how high maintance it is).

"No no no, please let me buy your stuff for you! Your daughter is so good to me!" Andy says while holding a wad of cash "Look, it was a good day for me." Flashing my mom his dolla-dolla bills y'all. But in a non-pretentious way...if that's at all possible.

All this is happening while thoughts are racing through my moms head.
Who is this man?
How exactly is my daughter so good to him?
And what do you mean it was a good day for you?

So after some hesitation my mom let him buy her a drink, even though she is in the midst of one of the most awkward moments a mom can have in parenthood.

I later on cleared it all up.
I informed her who Andy was.
Why he probably had so much money.
And then it all made sense to her.

And that's the story of that time when my mom thought David Wallace was my pimp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm this is an amazing and hilarious story. Also- where is your Starbucks?!

Traci Lynn said...

Awe thank you, Chelsea!! :)
My Starbucks is at 38th and Guadalupe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...