photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Made of different stuff then when I began..."


I have a friend and her name is Sarah. She loves Jesus, a lot, and her love for Jesus is very inspiring. I met her for coffee on Friday and we spent an hour and a half talking about the sweet love of our Jesus. It wasn't until today that it hit me, not once did we talk about boys, hair or clothes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with those topics, they happen to be a few of my favorite things, but to see that God was present in the cafe of a Starbucks is so amazing. How do I know that He was present? Because our conversation was centered around Him and we never went off on a tangent. All my life I have heard this verse but I actually saw it lived out in MY life last week:
"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:20)
I believe with all my heart that God was present in that conversation. I believe that he was sitting next to us, smiling and saying: "These are my daughters."

Every blog entry I make is inspired by something, this one just so happens to be inspired by a song. Today I caved in and purchased Brooke Fraser's the "C.S. Lewis Song" on iTunes, since this afternoon I have been listening to it non stop. The first line of the song goes like this:
"If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy, I can only conclude that I was not made for here."
That is how I felt after my coffee date with Sarah. I felt full of joy, full of happiness and most importantly, full of hope! There are times when I randomly smile or tear up and those are the times that I know my faith is real. There is a real God up there and I 100% believe this because there are desires within my heart that no human being can satisfy! Not even the most amazing man in the world could fill the void in my heart and that is how I know that what I believe is true and real. How great is my God to finally show me all of the things I have been taught all my life. He is taking scripture and making it real, what a wonderful thing to experience the Word in my everyday life. I can't say it enough...boy do I love my God!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww I just read your post about our sbux date and it makes my heart smile! I love talking about God and how He's moving in our lives! This is encouraging and humbling. I love you sweet friend! :) And boy do I love our God too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...