photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Monday, May 20, 2013

That one time when I got super crafty and forgot to document it...

Hey y'all!

As most of you know (or should know) I moved into my new apartment this month!! I am loving the extra space and living in a "big girl" place but I will miss my studio apartment, fo sho!

The best part of moving? Decorating, of course.

I tackled my first DYI furniture project and what do you know- I forgot to document it! Such is life.

I am proud to say that I did most of this project myself, with a little help from my dad. 

Growing up I had a chest of drawers that was painted baby blue and white (let's just say it was ugly for dramatic effect) and it had a little damage throughout the years. I really wanted to keep this piece of furniture because it such a durable piece of wood and it is something I've had for many years. And let's be honest, I've always wanted to do a DYI furniture project that I could document on Pinterest and get a ton of "oooo's and aaaah's". But I failed at that.

So here it is, my chest of drawers that I painted for my new apartment
*For a before picture just imagine an old piece of wood painted white and baby blue. So very very ugly. And then there's me- hair in a messy bun, sweating in the Texas sun, with spray paint on my arms and fingers (and shoes and shorts)*


What DYI projects have you done?
Have you ever fallen victim to "failure to document" like I have?
Even if you haven't say yes to make me feel better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...