photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sweet Tea Social

Texas Women Bloggers


Hey y'all!
(or should I say ladies, but this is for Texas women so y'all seemed more appropriate)

I am excited to join this new community of bloggers!! Bloggers have to be one of my favorite groups of people, not only because I am one of them but because they are usually creative, fabulous and jacked up on coffee, or in our case...sweet tea.

Should I also reveal that my older sister is Brandi of "Realities With Brandi"? Because she is.

I am excited about our tea party, mainly because I am not a coffee drinker and I am excited to see another blog embracing the idea of drinking tea!

If we were sitting on a porch, rocking our chairs out in the Texas sun, these are a few things I would reveal to you about this past week:

1. I am training for a 5K! I am not a runner, and living in Austin where every one and their mom runs races makes me a tad embarrased to say I have to train for a 5K. But I am and I'm owning it!

2. I'm going to start doing yoga. Mainly so people can call me "Yogi Barrera". Kidding. But this recent yoga kick is brought to you by my (totally hipster) neighborhood grocery store offering free yoga classes on Monday nights! Are any of you ladies yogis?

3. I'm reading an awesome new book by my pastor Matt Carter and former UT football player- Colt McCoy. It is a book on Biblical manhood but as a single woman it is teaching me a lot about the man I should be looking for.

4. I would also ask you if you have any tips for getting your dog to take his flea medicine. Mine has learned that those huge, yet delicious, peanut butter sandwiches have a nice, big chopped up pill hiden in them. You can only imagine what me on the floor wrestling with a 60 lb. pit bull-mix would look like. This is what I have resulted to, people!

5.  Lastly, I would ask you about your week. Something to know about me is that I love coffee dates (the ones I drink tea on but you get the point). I love investing in friendships with women and being an encouragement to them in their daily lives.

So how are you new friend?

Hope we get to chat soon, and maybe next time it won't be so dang hot outside.

Adios. :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Nice to 'meet' you - I love your blog design, it's darling! I'm not a runner either - I started c25k at one point and got to week 3 before I headed back to my love of group ex-classes. I need to figure out a way to do both. My dad and brother are big into cycling currently so I've been doing a few rides with them and want to do a triathlon next spring so I need to start doing a little bit of running again.

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

which hipster grocery store offers yoga on monday nights? i know whole foods is doing sunset yoga at the downtown store on wednesday nights.

Traci Lynn said...

Katie- Nice to meet you as well! I am totally doing Couch to 5K! I am on week 3 as well, haha. I don't have a gym membership yet but I am going to get one because I tried out a group spin class and loved it! I also bike around town. What part of Texas are you from?

Terri- in.gredients on Manor Rd. offers "free" (donation based) yoga classes out on their lawn! You should check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...