photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Monday, November 1, 2010

Must love homeless people


If I was to ever put out a personal ad in the newspaper, which I never would, it would read:

Single, (not really) white female seeks single, (not a jerk) male. Must love homeless people.

Seems like an odd request, right? It also seems like I don't really have high standards, I could add to that list but it might take away from my main point. I think you can tell a lot about a person's character by the way they treat homeless people. I would like to find someone who would possess those qualities that are shown when you help someone less fortunate: kindness, gentleness, selflessness, compassion. As I get older and find myself being more and more picky (not in a bad way) about the type of guys I want to associate myself with, I can't help but think this would be such an amazing quality to seek after. The way he serves others.
This sounds so romantic and glorious, like we would click instantly and then drive off into the sunset to some amazing Dierks Bentley song. However, it doesn't always work out that way. Just trust me on this one, I once went out on a date with a guy who told me a cool story about how he served a homeless man...then he turned out to be kinda shady. It was awesome.

As if my first dates weren't awkward enough, could you imagine breaking the ice with: "So, how do you feel about homeless people?" I guess I will never know until I try.

So heres to another year of singleness, or the possibility of finding a guy who finds this as cool as I do.


“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ " -Matthew 25:34-40

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...