photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Family Affair

I actually like my family. That is a very true statement. In fact, I actually hang out more with them than I do my own friends. (But that doesn't mean I love my friends any less either) I write this blog to clear up some preconceived notions that one might have about my family and I: That we are mean to each other. Where do they get this nonsense? Well, the same place everyone else gets their hard hitting evidence, of course: FaceBook. Oh dreaded FaceBook, how I hate thee sometimes...and how I regret convincing my whole family to jump on board the FaceBook train. It's true, I like to consider myself as the pioneer of the group, the one who stepped out alone, braved the storm known as the drama on FaceBook, and ask them to tag along. So, like any family, we tend to communicate a lot over FaceBook (but we definitely don't lack in the phone calls or text messages either!) and everyone and their mom (literally) gets to view our businazz (business for those that are challenged in the area of ghetto slang). (Sorry that sentence has a lot of parentheses but I refuse to edit it. You're welcome.) So all of our digs, disses, jokes, slams or anything else you would like to call them, convientiely appears on everyones news feed to read. Some people jump in the conversation, some probably just think that I am an evil person, and some think it's funny. I personally like the ones who think it's funny, because let's be honest anything that you will see on FaceBook will not actually be serious. We may be Mexican, but we are too classy to fight over the internet, and you can take that to the bank!

If I may sound conceited for a moment, everyone always tells me that I am too sweet, so nice and innocent so they are shocked to see me telling my sister to lose weight (joke) or that she needs to get over her dream of modeling for Victoria Secret and settle for Gap Kids (she is 28 and a size 0...how could not seize that opportunity to crack a joke). I am told all the time that I need to be nicer to my sister. My response: The things she tells me can't be posted on FaceBook, my jokes are just child's play compared to hers.

So here is my chance, my attempt to regain my title as "the nice one" and tell all of you out there in the land of FaceBook, Blogger and Twitter that I do not hate my family. We have a close bond, one that can only be held together by jokes, hitting each other and constant put downs. Trust me, it is completely normal!

Still not convinced? Well how about the time that I threatened to beat up a guy who looked like he just stepped out of a "I work out too much, my muscles are about to explode all over your face, and my Affliction shirt is blinding you" Magazine because he did my sister wrong. How about the fact that my sister and I make sure we are off of work to attend every single one of my brother's football games? Or that we always get each other gifts as a family on Valentines day? And that we let Matthew become our temporary 3rd roommate for the summer? I have a lot more reasons to back up my statement but they can't be listed here because you, the reader, might think we have formed our own personal little family mafia....so you're just going to have to take my word for it. Or you can take a look at our family pictures and see that we actually do love each other. So next time you see my sister call me Snookie, or Matthew trying to punch me in the arm, or Haley calling all of us a freak you can say: "That is so sweet!!" So here we are:

When you see us on days like this-







Always remember that we do have days like these- (and they seem to out weigh the bad)

















So there you have it, the ultimate proof that we do, in fact, love each other.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...