photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Saturday, January 2, 2010

You make all things NEW.

A new year has begun, and even though it is only 2 days into this new decade God has began to place some NEW thoughts into my head. He is reminding me about his promises, his faithfulness and his awesomeness. Bear with me as I try to filter through all these thoughts in order to create one cohesive blog entry.

I never make resolutions, mainly because I always associate that word with failure. I am not being negative but how many times do you hear someone say: "I have already broken my resolution." (said with a facial expression that shows exactly how much they don't care) Aren't we glad that we don't serve a God who treats His promises for our new year the same way we do. Could you imagine reading Jeremiah 29:11 ("For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.") and wondering if he was going to blow us off for the day, brush us aside and get to us later. We are not a group of people on God's list waiting to be scratched off, I know he wants to be hands on in his promises, he can't wait for that moment when the lightbulb goes off and we say "That was a God thing". This year I hope to find rest in the promise that God will not abandon me, nor he will not forget about me, even though sometimes I feel like he has when I don't get what I want when I want it, to be brutally honest. So I will begin to seek him constantly because I don't want to experience this year in a constant state of doubt, I want to experience it with everlasting joy. And that is not a resolution...it's a promise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...