photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Star struck for my Savior?


Today Jessica Alba came into Starbucks, needless to say we have been star struck ever since. We are bragging to all our friends and telling anyone that will listen. We have had a couple celebrities come in but I think she is by far the most famous. It was a cool experience, we played it cool and hopefully she will come back in since she is filming down the street.
It is interesting to find myself so star struck, I admit I have been a fan of her. I love her style and her movies are always good so what's not to like. On the drive home I got to thinking: "If I am this enamored by another human being, what will it be like when I come face to face with Jesus?" I don't think about eternity often, mainly because I get frustrated that I can't wrap my head around FOREVER! I also view eternity as a right instead of a gift. Since I grew up in the church I learned that when I die I will go to heaven, it seems like the next logical step instead of the greatest gift of all. I am not sure how messed up this will sound but sometimes I wish I came to know Christ in my early twenties, so that way I could know what it is like see a complete change in the life I was living. I would think that would make me ten times more excited to meet my Savior instead of the feelings I am struggling with now. I know I will be happy to meet Jesus, how could I not be, but while I am here on earth why does that thought not excite me as much as it should? Is something wrong with me? I love God so much it's ridiculous but why does the thought of eternity not surpass every other feeling in the world?
I have been dealing with a lot of junk, I have been letting other people's actions control my thoughts and feelings and I hate that we fall into that trap. I think the junk is over shadowing God's goodness and His power to overcome it all. I am working on cleaning up shop so that the Gospel will genuinely excite me! I know this started off as a blog about Jessica Alba and that quickly turned into a blog about eternity but that is just how God works. He uses certain experiences in our life to get us thinking about our relationship with Him. He is just that good!

1 comment:

: ) said...

No way!!!! That's awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...