photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Keeping Austin Weird.

This weekend I went down to the Pecan Street Festival with John and Jessica. The festival is held on 6th street and pretty much brings out all the weirdos in Austin, I love it.

We started off parking in a garage that spelled like one giant toilet, but it was only $5 so thats okay. Later when we were leaving I had to get John to reverse my car out of my spot in fear of hitting a BMW that parked too close to me...Thanks Beemer.

Here are some pictures from the fesitval. I should have taken pictures of all the nasty food we allowed ourselves to eat while spending 3 hours down there. Cheesecake on a stick, Roasted Corn, Sushi, Funnel Cake and Bratwurst. Beer was consumed by John and Jess and I drank waaaay too much water. Blah.





This is a picture of a couple playing the Saxophone in front of the Driskill Hotel.



Jessica was brave, I stood on the other side of the street but only got close to take this picture. In my mind I saw the snake leaping off the guys neck and latching on to my face, very unlikely but whatever.



This guy was giving out Free Hugs, I don't know about you but I only like to hug people that I can see their faces. He could be on the FBI's most wanted website and you would never know.



Even though I have been boycotting Porta-Potties since 1984 I am in love with these things. I didn't get any closer to them than what you can see from this picture but if I did have to use an outdoor facility this would be my first choice. They are so cute, I just don't picture what goes on behind their closed doors.



The NBA Playoffs on a big screen in the middle of downtown...only in Austin.



If I rode bikes I would want one of these. However, I would be afraid that if I fell off of it I would land on someone's head. That could be awkward...or deadly.



Me, John and Jessica by the end of the evening.



Goodnight Austin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...