photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MTV, you are not my friend, except when The Hills is on.

I am a product of the MTV generation. Even though it no longer plays music, except during the previews of another show, it is still called MTV. That point aside, I can tell I am getting older because I now see why MTV is not popular with the older folk. I stopped watching MTV religiously about a couple years ago, I am no longer interested in the types of shows they play, except for The Hills, but we won't go there. I think the shows are tasteless and very non-interesting. Let me give you a scenario:

I share an apartment with my sister, and when we aren't talking to each other or the dogs we leave the Living Room TV on just so there is some sort of noise in the apartment. (We are not a fan of silence.) Anyway, as I was making lunch in our kitchen today I turned on the TV, which just so happened to be left on MTV from last nights "The Hills", and a show called Exiled was on. Let me give you a summary of the show if you have not heard of it. They take kids who are a product of famous rich parents and send them to 3rd world countries as a form of punishment for their selfishness. Anyone else see something wrong with that? MTV is making a show out of punishing a bratty kid by surrounding them with people who are less fortunate than they are. I am all for going to other countries and spending time with them to help and get to know the people but why should it be viewed as a form of punishment. I wish I could go to another country and help serve others and these ungrateful children get to go and we get to watch them complain. Ridiculous. They wouldn't be bratty in the first place if you didn't give them everything they wanted!

I am not sure if you agree with me or not, but you should just because I took the time to type this out. No, but in all seriousness does anyone else find this stupid. MTV needs to come up with better shows, and I am not talking about another season of Paris Hilton's My BFF.

Case Closed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...