photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Identity Crisis

As a blogger I am having quite the identity crisis. When I started this blog four years ago I didn't think it would be a huge part of something that I wanted to do with my life. It was actually a way for me to write and for you to validate me, if we are being completely honest. But now this whole writing thing, it's what I want to do with my life- YOLO. I also named it Beauty For Ashes because I began writing it after a not-so-great time in my life, but now I find myself wanting to change my blog name. I started brainstorming last night and it didn't take long for me to think of something. Now you might be thinking- why would you want to change your blog name? Well for one, people have a hard time googling this site and there are a ton of Beauty For Ashes pages on Facebook. I want to stand out, and I want to make this blog as easy as possible to find.

I came up with a name last night and your job as the reader is to tell me how awesome it is...or how incredibly dumb it is, either one. If you chose to tell me the latter, just remember you might have to see me face to face one day...and good luck with that. Kidding. Okay, so as many of you know a lot of people call me Trace. It has been a nickname that I've had since I was a little kid...probably a young fetus too. Anyway everyone and their mom, literally, calls me Trace...even this one lady at Starbucks that I don't know very well and I can't remember how I met her. So I came up with the new blog name Traces Of Faith- which would still be along the same lines as beauty for ashes and God's redemptive work in my life. My blog posts will continue to show the traces of faith along this wonderful/awkward/uncomfortable journey that I call my life. The good news is that I will only be sharing this name with a band of men who look nothing like me, so I might be easier to spot. Hopefully.

So what do you think? Have you ever rebranded yourself? I need your input!! :)

2 comments:

Jae Manolo said...

Honestly, I think 'Trace of Faith' sounds better; what do you think? I rebranded my blog, because the previous name was a mouthful to say...it was a made up word, and didn't really give a clear indication as what my blog content was about.

TheUncommonBeauty

Traci Lynn said...

I love Trace of Faith!! It's so funny how you can not think of one little tweak. I love it. Thank you for your input! I also love The Uncommon Beauty, it is so unique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...