photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

But I don't want to...


Why do we do things that we don't want to do? Why do we give into temptations, insecurities and fears?

I don't know about you, but I do things I don't want to do, I talk to people I shouldn't and I think about things that are unhealthy, unproductive or just plain damaging to my self worth. I have surrendered to the "don'ts" instead of surrendering the "don'ts" to God. My soul longs for comfort, peace and simplicity. I feel those feelings but not all the time, unfortunately due to the fall of man, we have to deal with frustration, regret, and disappointment. One day my soul will be still but until then it is frustrating to know that these things won't disappear, but they can be silenced.

Recently I have been making an effort to stop these things dead in their tracks. It's not easy but it is so much more liberating. When I verbally acknowledge that God can control these thoughts, feelings or actions, I achieve a sense of freedom, a sigh of relief. These things will never conquer me, they will never claim me but they do try to control me. When I say "God, you are bigger than this, You are more powerful than this, take this stuff because I am not big enough to do it myself" I can feel the filth begin to wash away.

I encourage you to try it, it might be easy to feel self pity, regret and fear and hard to declare that God is bigger than that, He is more faithful than that, and that anything you may face He is at work in it but it's worth it. Don't settle for that heavy weight on your shoulders, instead strive for total freedom through Christ. I'm working on it and you should too, it's a pretty nice feeling!!


"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...