photo nav_home_zps435359c5.jpg photo nav_about_zpsb9122e3a.jpg photo nav_portfolio_zps6da59a10.jpg photo nav_shop_zpsd879ae64.jpg photo nav_advertise_zpsa0d7442a.jpg

Monday, June 29, 2009

how great You are.

I often wonder how many people notice a particular theme in my writings on this blog. It is very rare that I will blog about anything other than my relationship with God on here. I don't like to share the messy details of my love life or the struggles of just being me unless it brings God the glory in the end. I think this stems from having to keep my life semi-private for 5 years because I knew students would be all up in my business via FaceBook or MySpace, and even though I don't work at HP anymore, I still like to keep it personal. In addition to that I am just generally not an emotional person in public.

Now what is the purpose of this posting you say? I don't know, I say. I have a lot of personal things going on, and while it would feel nice to vent to the whole world about it and receive pity and praise I just can't bring myself to do it. It'd feel too weird, too selfish...so I just write about God. I write about God to distract me from the things that trouble me; I love it because God isn't selfish, he isn't pathetic sounding, he doesn't whine and complain, and he doesn't lose hope sometimes. But I do and focusing on Him makes that all go away. So after writing only two short paragraphs I feel better about things. It is amazing how God blesses you with an interest in something, in my case writing, in order to provide you with comfort and his peace. Amazing.



then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee, how great thou art.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...